Thursday, August 17, 2006

Things I really really miss from home - Posted by Maggie

Here are some of the things I miss the most from home:
The dogs! I miss Beanie and Basil, my 2 little buddies terribly!
Our garden and outdoor room, grill and water feature. Tranquil bliss! Here we don't even have a balcony.
My kitchen. Especially a dishwasher, all the counter space and the oven!
My washer and dryer. The one here doesn't really dry the clothes, it just makes everything VERY wrinkly so I have to iron everything!!
A good margarita. As scarce as chicken teeth here, and if you find it you will pay around $15 US for a not-so-great watered down one!
Ebay. Even thought I can browse Ebay US from here, shipping costs are detrimental and makes it not worth it for me to sell or buy stuff on Ebay. Singaporeans don't really believe in Ebay (or shopping online in general) - the entire island is a perpetual shopping mall, why would they buy anything online if they can just duck into the nearest shop to buy it?
My closet. (think lots of space...ahhhh)
Meeting my girlfriends for lunch. Lisa, this means you! And others of course =)
Chewing gum. It is illegal to buy or sell chewing gum here, but if you brought it with you, it's ok. I did not know that so we ditched all my gum at the airport in fear of being caned upon setting foot on the island.
Ruxi and Adi's swimming pool. They throw the best damn pool parties ever. Period!

No comments: