Monday, February 05, 2007

Thaipusam in Singapore

I was aroused from a drunken stupor at my desk by the phone. I figured out how to set my phone at work to sound like the phones in the Counter-Terrorism Unit on the show "24". It makes every phone call sound important.

An excited Maggie was on the other end of the phone line. "They're doing Thaipusam right near our apartment! I was on my way to Plaza Singapura and saw them walking to the temple!"

I hurried home to make sure I wouldn't miss the stream of devotees as they marched to the Hindu temple in a cleansing and purifying ritual that is practiced by Hindus each year. Note that the pictures only show a handful of the dozens (hundreds?) who performed the Pilgrimage that day.

The pictures speak for themselves. Captions are added for the less imaginative viewers:

2 comments:

Ego Kornus said...

I like to use a few fotos for my kavadiblog of you.
with a link and credits to this blog offcourse.
What do you think about that?
Gracias

Maggie said...

Hi Ego:
Feel free to use our pictures in your blog.